I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this post from Joe where he lists the qualities that makes up a “good architect” (despite the feelings that have been expressed to me in the past). I have to agree with him and am quite pleased to see that a “typical” Avanade architect would fit the bill.
- Inspire and empower people to do their best work.
- Oversight, but not dictatorship.
- Taste is a hard thing to measure, but is invaluable.
- Write code and get your hands dirty.
- The power of the dyad: know your weaknesses.
- It's for the customer, not you.
- Admit when you're wrong, fall on your sword, and then fix it.